Monday, July 20, 2009

A few good points

So since I have posted in a while, this one could be completely random because I want to write about a few things!!

Thing 1- Camden is OFFICIALLY a one year old! His party was such a blast! Before Camden was born his theme was already deemed frogs. It started when I found this bedding by Lambs and Ivy called Froggy Tales seen HERE: and I fell in LOVE with it. Until he was born I found FROGGY things all over the place and couldn't stop myself from buying them. Even his first outfits he ever wore were frog decorated. Including a very sweet sleeper that I still can't seem to make myself get rid of seen here: Anyways, so it only seemed right to have a froggy first birthday. At first I was disappointed because I couldn't seem to find the perfect frog party stuff anywhere. I searched and searched until at last...I FOUND IT! His party turned out perfect and here are the pictures of proof....





So what should I note about Cam at a year old"
* Well he is weighing a WHOPPING 26lbs and 6ozs and is 31 and 3/4 inches tall(90% for his height and weight) He is a big guy and you would think after carrying him around for months I would have arms of steel-NOT SO MUCH :) Carson calls him BUBBA and its actually fitting because he is...and my mom likes to call him BRUISER which is truly fitting too! :)

*He is walking fairly decent now! He still stumbles and chooses to crawl some of the time but I would consider him a walker.

*He EATS and EATS and EATS! If there is food around....he's eating it. Guess that makes since for a growing boy! I was a little concerned with his eating and weight but his Dr. assured me that he is perfectly healthy and that since his height and his weigh are BOTH measuring in sync with each other than he is actually perfectly proportioned!

*He is SILLY, SILLY, SILLY and I love him

Thing 2- School is so CRAZY this quarter. I am taking three pretty intense classes and add being a mother and wife on top of that and you get CHAOS! Unlike working a job which you typically work during the week and get weekends off, school you still are working all weekend on homework! Sometimes I think each teacher assumes you only have THEIR class to worry about. They load on PILES of homework as if you have nothing else to do but concentrate on their class, maybe they didn't get the memo about all the other classes I am taking too! Thank goodness quarters are only 10 weeks and I am already on week 3! COME ON WEEK 10 :)

Thing 3- Carson is SOMEWHAT potty training. I never imagined how hard this would be, and sometimes I just have to remind myself I am learning too. Carson is my FIRST born and as much as I hate to admit it, my TRAIL AND ERROR child. I can only do the best I know how to with him and I am sure with Camden I will have pitched out all the bad things that didn't work with Carson and have a refined game plan. Basically we aren't hard core PUSHING the potty thing. I have realized that doesn't work at all with Carson and letting him want to do it is the only way. He tells me he needs to go and does, but it isn't consistent. Some days he will tell me twice and some days none. His school is working with him too which helps, but I just wish it would become a constant thing already. Maybe some of you are appalled that I have a 2 and 1/2 year old not potty trained, but I am just doing the best I can do here.

Thing 5- Just wanted to briefly comment on the JON and Kate matter. I have to wonder what Jon's kids are thinking about his new g/f! I can't help but wonder if he has explained it to them or if they are just having to hear it 3rd hand from the media? I am not one to judge, but she doesn't seem like ANYONE I would want step parenting my children. Thankfully I don't ever see myself in that situation. I truly am sorry this family fell apart. :(

Well I think I have touched on enough for today don't you!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about Carson potty training. Olivia didn't potty train till she was almost 3. They learn when they are ready and pushing it only makes it worse and makes them resistant to the process. Noah's starting to ask to go to the potty, but we aren't pushing it either. We take him when he asks, but he isn't going on the potty, so its more just because we want him to want to sit on the toilet. haha..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frog cake was is so cute!! Don't feel bad about the potty training. I've heard that pushed the kids a lot of time just back fires and ends up taking longer. Every kid is different. I'm not looking forward to doing it with Addison. Sorry school is hard. I remember when I didn't a job or family in college and teachers would overload us as if we didn't have other classes too! Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete