Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We live in a sick sad world!

I am feeling very used, manipulated, sad, and disgusted today ladies and gentlemen. I guess I should start from the beginning.

When you start blogging, somehow(still not sure) you get drawn into other peoples blogs. Most are people I DON'T really know in person, but through reading their thoughts, dreams, hopes, lives, etc. I feel like I know them just as well as anyone! About three months ago, I was turned on to a blog about a young "CHRISTIAN" women, who called herself "B", who was facing a pregnancy with a baby who would surely not live. This baby had been diagnosed with Trisomy 13 and Holoprosencephaly. Dr's had supposedly told "B", there was virtually no chance of life and her best option was just to induce labor(around 33 weeks) and spend what what short time should would get with her baby girl, "April Rose.". As a mother, that tugged at the strings of my heart! I couldn't imagine dealing with such tragedy, carrying a baby in my womb only to have her meet Jesus before she ever really had a life. "B" had a beautiful way of writing. She would always seem to pour out her heart in her blog, some days being brutally honest and posting about how she couldn't understand why a loving God could do this, other days praising God for all his patience, love, and understanding during her difficult time, ALWAYS just asking God for his will to be done. Reading her blog was like a roller coaster. I'd cry some days when she would post about the baby's movements getting fewer and further in between, and rejoice with her when she would post about the Dr. finding the baby's heart rate in the 130's with no explanation as to why! I just knew God would be glorified in all this, and somehow this baby, April Rose, would be born alive and a miracle! The weeks progressed. "B" posted about how she had changed her mind and wanted a homebirth. She said she felt this was the BEST OPTION for her and little "April". She had 1000's of people supporting her. She even started a Wednesday post called "His Will Wednesday's" in which she asked people for prayer request and then shared them with her readers to pray for them. I was on that list, she had people praying for my little Camden's ears, I thought this girl was some kind of saint! Finally, 42 weeks, "B" has a friend post that she is in labor, hours later, "April Rose" is supposedly born alive, blonde and crying. Wow, was this a miracle or what? They write minute to minute updates on "April," saying things like "B" is nursing her, "April's" heart rate is dropping, Pray!!! It was constantly UP and DOWN. I was drawn in, I wanted this baby to live, I wanted this to be a "happy ending" They post pictures of this "MIRACLE BABY" and she looks NOTHING like a baby diagnosed with Trisomy 13 or holoprosencephaly. I found this a little strange, but who am I to judge God's miracles?.......I am sure at this point you see what I am leading up to? This was all a hoax. Yes, that is right, NONE Of it is true. How do I know you may wonder? Well, I know because "B" suddenly took down her blog, all her posts, the pictures, everything. She claimed people were harassing her, and calling her a fake. I was outraged. I thought, "How could someone be ugly to this poor sweet girl?" I wanted to find these people and let them have a piece of my mind. When I did find these people, I was totally shocked at what I saw and read. It turns out "B" was never pregnant, she has no baby, and did all of this for money. The pictures she posted of "April Rose" were really a pictures of a "REBORN" doll, that can be found on the Internet see? Picture 1 is the baby doll found online "Avery," Picture 2 is the pictures she posted saying it was "April Rose" her miracle baby

Then the "friend" who was actually posting for her while she was in labor, whose name is Raechel(I need to clarify she never actually met "B" in person, they were just internet friends, Raechel reached out because she too lost a Trisomy baby a year ago)publicly wrote a blog, along with two WELL KNOWN other BLOG Moms, Mckmamma, and Audrey Caroline's Mom, saying they now truly believe this is all a hoax, and are terribly sorry that all of "B's" readers were subjected to this.

Honestly, I am disgusted. I am sick with the thought that a person could create such a tragic lie and have people praying and crying for her with no remorse. I wonder how she could sit and read comment after comment left on her blog of people from around the world saying how much they admired her strength and how they will pleed with God to spare her baby's life. I am disgusted that she did this for money(she got money for hits on her blog), I am just confused! One thing I do know though, was even though this is one of the strangest things I have ever encountered, GOD was glorified. This girl, although maybe not what she intended, brought 1000's of people together in prayer, 1000's of people reaching out to God, and even had non-believers believing in God all because of one FAKE miracle baby. It just goes to show God is great, and what is it..as the song goes...PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, people ARE crazy!! Sadly, there were so many people that believed her. But why wouldn't we? Its just wrong to do things like this, playing with peoples emotions. We did what we were supposed to do...we prayed for her and her family. Maybe some of those prayers that were intended for her and her sick baby will fall on her and she'll realize how horrible this was to do and turn her life in the right direction. I am curious if any legal actions could be taken against her. Just a matter of time until the media picks up on all of this if they haven't already! About the picture of her "baby", it was so funny, after she was "born" I told my sister I thought she kinda looked weird, like one of those dolls that people get that look like newborns but I just kinda shrugged it off to thinking that I didn't know much about what was wrong with her so maybe that was normal. Oh well, I guess I'll be more cautious next time someone does another anonymous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all of those feelings and probably then some. I poured my heart out to this person, having lost my first daughter to trisomy 13 (or 18) .. I don't even know what to say. I'm just so shocked and cannot believe someone would do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also followed "B"'s blog, and even though we are all shocked it was a hoax. I would have NEVER known about you without her doing His Will Wednesdays. Ever since your prayer request was on her blog, I follow you every day to see how your little one's ears are doing. Even though it's hard to accept the final outcome...she DID bring ALOT of people together praying for strangers through His Will Wednesdays. I will continue to follow your story and pray that God will completely heal Camden's little cheeks.

    God Bless,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete