Friday, February 6, 2009

Trying times

I need to ask a big favor of everyone who reads my blog, PLEASE pray for my family(Derek, Carson, Camden, and I). Like everyone else in the United States, our finances are so out of whack and we are truly struggling! It is hard living on one income, but I feel that is all the more reason for me to finish my degree so I can make REAL money one day! I don't want to sound selfish, or ungrateful because honestly I am truly blessed. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes on my back, and two healthy beautiful children. There isn't much more I could want, but paying our bills has become overwhelming, and it has gotten Derek and I both stressed beyond belief! I am putting all my trust in God that he will provide, because he always does! Our tax refund isn't looking too favorable(long story) but it doesn't look like we will get much of anything back. I am trying to stay as positive about the situation as possible, but that can be so trying at times! I am sure alot of you can relate, and it is a struggle for most right now.

I just keep going back to Malachi 3:10

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.

And I have to keep faith in God's word! Even with little money to spare we make sure our tithes are paid and know that God must have some great blessing in store for us soon!

3 comments:

  1. Praying. All of us in the construction industry are feeling the pinch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke and I started using Mint.com...its a budgeting site..it really helpful to break down where the money is going every week..and what's coming in.

    Praying for supernatural finances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for your family. We too are not looking good tax wise. In fact, we are going to have to owe money. Not good. Nathan makes a spreadsheet of all of our money and bills. Once you start writing stuff down, you really see where the money goes. Problem is, right now there isn't anything we can eliminate!

    ReplyDelete