Saturday, February 21, 2009

I believe in children teaching parents

I always find it so amazing how much my children teach me. Like patience for example. On days when I feel I am going to pull my hair out because there are not enough hours to accomplish everything I have on the "to do" list, and Carson comes to me with a book and says " Book mommy, book!" and my first reaction is to say," Not right now, I am busy!" But then I look down at that little face, and suddenly it hits me. JUST BE PAITENT, everything will get done eventually, maybe not today, but with patience and time it will come together. Other days my children teach me forgiveness. Somedays Carson gets mad with Camden and viceversa. It's funny to think at this young age, they would have anything to fight about but they do. Carson usually gets mad at Camden for stealing one of his toys, and Camden usually gets mad at Carson for trying to "Love" him a little tooo much! When I see Carson getting aggravting with Camden, I say "Carson, now we have to share. Tell brother you are sorry for snatching that toy away from him." And Carson will go and hug and kiss Camden and they are right back to being best buddies again. Watching that, it makes me realize us GROWN UPS need to forgive a little more quickly and get over it. If children can figure this out, why can't we? It was so cute. Just today, I had put Carson down for his nap. About 20 mins went by and I heard him in his room playing. I opened his door and told him it was time to lay down and go to sleep. 15 mins or so later, I thought I heard him playing again. When I went to open the door, this is what I found!

Carson had fallen asleep in his bed, reading his bible! How precious is that? It made me think, if he can make time for God, shouldn't we all! I am soo glad I have my kids around to remind me of the little things in life that truly matter!
I can't believe I only have about 3 weeks left in this quarter of school! Man has it flown by. I found out next quarter I will be forced to take a night class 2 nights a week, and I am not looking forward to that! I was hoping to avoid that at all costs, but it looks like I have no choice. It is the only time they offer that class and I need it for my degree! The class is from 5-8:30 p.m. on Tues and Thurs, and I truly am a little torn up about it because that is two nights I won't be here to tuck my babies into bed. That also mean just a little more of a load on Derek(the poor man already has enough on his shoulders supporting the 4 of us) but he says he is up for the challenge! It will be an adjustment, but I just have to keep telling myself that a quarter only last 10 weeks, and I can do it! I am sure God will have to work extra hard on giving me grace during this time because I will sure need it!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how our children teach us. When I read your blogs I feel like you and I are a lot a like! There are so many days where I get frustrated and then it hits me, "this phase is gonna fly by", and I realize it isn't worth me being upset. It will probably be hard to leave your babies two nights, but at least you have a great husband that is there to help you out!

    ReplyDelete