Friday, January 15, 2010

A moment to breathe

*EDIT*- Oh and I meant to talk about this too, but I know lots of our hearts are VERY heavy for Haiti. I burst into tears just about everytime the news comes on. I cannot even being to imagine the devistation over there, but I feel very lead to help! If I was indeed already H. Godwin R.N, I'd certainly be willing to go lend my services, but until then I will just have to help in other ways! I hope that many of you feel led to help too. You would be amazed to see how much $10 does for a person right now over there. If your heart is nagging at you to do something, THEN DO IT!


Ok, now that I have a moment to actually sit and breathe I figured I might as well blog. School is keeping me busy, busy, busy, and not giving me much down time these days. I knew this how it was going to be so I am not shocked, but I am very tired!! I have succeeded in making a B on my first test, passing checkoffs and keeping up with all my homework. I was even surprised this week when one of my nursing instructors called me into her office to inform me that she saw lots of potentiol and leadership skills in me and nominated me to be the G.O.A.L winner for our school. GOAL stands for Georgia Occupational Award of Leadership. I was totally honored that she picked me, but even more shocked when I found if I win for the state I will win a NEW CAR! Haha let me just say I am not getting my hopes up that I win statewide, but how cool would that be? If you remember a few posts back I was blogging about how bad we are in need of another vehicle...could this be God's way? Time will tell!


One bummer of the week was the fact that my nice Nikon camera is out of commission. All of the sudden the lens stopped being able to adjust and upon further inspection, Derek discovered the gears are messed up. I am really sad because a certain SOMEONE is turning 3 this week and I won't have my trust camera to take pictures of everything. I do however have a digital camera so at least I will still have pictures, even if they aren't the best quality.

Speaking of a certain someone, yes CARSON DOODLE is turning 3 on Sunday. Its surreal to me still that its actually been 3 years since I first saw his face. He is already so grown up acting and I am so proud of the little boy that he is becoming. He never ceases to amaze me and I just thank GOD for him everyday! I will have to tell yall all about how his party goes tomorrow, but I will save that for another post!

Well that is all for now, guess I better get to doing something productive while I have some down time!

1 comment:

  1. I think you definitely have a chance at winning statewide! And winning a car?? That's awesome!

    I can't believe Carson is 3! It feels like not too long ago you were pregnant with him!

    ReplyDelete