Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just some random thoughts!

So a few weeks ago I am watching tv and a commercial comes on, and without really paying all that much attention to what I look up and notice a women breastfeeding! This of course caught my curiosity and I was then totally intrigued as to what in the world this was all about! Turns out, Medela has started promoting breastfeeding(and of course THEIR products) on tv! Can I even tell you how awesome I think this is? For those who don't know(which I am sure most do) I am a PRO breastfeeding mom, and I like to think I advocate it. No, I don't walk around with Pickett signs screaming breastfeeding to the world, but I find myself trying to encourage anyone I see or hear that is pregnant lol! To see this commercial on TV in my opinion is GENIUS! To be honest I can't say I have ever seen a commercial about breastfeeding before, but I know this is the first step in the right direction! I can't seem to understand how people can turn there nose at breastfeeding. Don't get me wrong please, I know people who formula feed, infact I am now one of them so I am NOT against it. It is a woman's prerogative as to how she chooses to feed her child, but for someone to say breastfeeding "GROSSES THEM OUT!" and yes I have had a women say that to me before, sorry but that just FLOORS ME! How can doing something your body was designed to do, gross you out? Do you think it is a fluke accident that there just happens to be milk coming out of your body? HELLO, how much more awesome can God get, than designing our bodies to not only be able to GROW babies, but also to feed them too? Oh, and the biggest perk, ITS FREE! So please someone explain to me, what is gross about? Like I said before, I am not a formula mom(due to going back to school and alot of ISSUES I had with milk supply) but I gave my son the VERY BEST for 6 months! I worked and worked and worked at making sure I did what was best for him and not what was easiest for me! Just wanted to clear up here, I am not writing this to bash anyone who is or has used formula, that is not my intention at all! I just wanted to share how awesome breastfeeding can be, and my thoughts on how I pray with this new commercial that this will just be a chain of events that makes breastfeeding more "normal" and not so taboo or shameful!




Ok Ok on a lighter note. Moms do you ever just look at your child and feel so lucky they are yours? The other night Carson was doing one of his many very cute things and I just looked up and said, " God, thank you sooo soo soo much for making me Carson's mom. I don't know why you choose me to give this awesome life, but I am forever grateful!" I really meant that too. Carson is such an bright kid. He has a personality like no other and I feel completely and utterly blessed to be his mom. Camden too of course. I don't favor one over the other, but Camden is just growing into his own personality, and Carson has had this big personality that I love for at least a year now and I am so amazed at the little person he has become! Yep, so If you can't tell....I love him!



Now to the Cam man! He has had the weirdest thing going on with his little cheeks, and those who have seen him now what I am talking about(and those that haven't can probably tell in pictures) His cheeks are VERY pink and dry. At first glance it looks like they are wind chapped, but the child barely sees the light of day outside, so I just know that can't be it! He goes to sleep with red cheeks, and wakes up with red cheeks! It doesn't matter how much lotion I goop on the child's face it just won't go away. I lotion him up about 7 times a day(well Derek's mom does probably 3 shifts lol) but no relief. Sometimes they will even start to bleed. Isn't this odd? I did some research on the internet and the only thing I found was Eczema. Carson had Eczema and still has some outbreaks, but never did he have these cheek issues! I think I may end up just checking with his Ped. dr. and see what they have to say! Unless, any of you smart savvy moms have some good advice? See the picture? Haha and excuse the food face, we had just eaten peaches which can be quite messy lol!

4 comments:

  1. From one pumping mom to another...I am proud of you too!! I haven't seen that commercial, but I'm glad it's on. Sorry about Camden's cheeks. Wish I had some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are growing up so much!! I'm sorry about little mans cheeks and I hope you get some good news from somebody that will help you cure those rosy cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the ezema can be due to a food sensitivity. Might notice if anything makes it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to mention Fifth Disease ("Slapped Cheek"). I'm no expert and I'm sure you've considered all the possibilities about your cuties red cheeks, but when I saw his picture that was my first thought.

    ReplyDelete