Saturday, March 7, 2009

So the verdict is.....

Well like promised, I took Camden to the Dr. yesterday(Friday) and let me start by saying he weighed a WHOPPING 22lbs! Yes that is right. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but no he really really weighs it, and I am feeling every pound lately when I carry him! Anyways, back to the important stuff here. Well the Dr. said he defiantly thinks the rosey red cheeks are eczema, but he said the reason they are so beat read, and bleeding is because its really infected! He explained to me how eczema causes your skin to be super dry and when his skin cracks like it has, its prone to get bacteria inside. I guess that is what happened, so he told me to wash his face several times a day with a mild soap(like dove or dial) and keep hydrocortizone cream on it, and also gave me an antibiotic for the infection and his EAR! That is right I said ear! The poor fellow had a pretty bad ear infection in his right ear and mommy didn't even realize it! I actually had mentioned to Derek last week that I thought he may have an ear infection because I kept noticing him pull on that ear, but I just chalked it up to teething because I knew he was getting a new tooth in as well. Glad I ended up taking him to the Dr! Its so strange though because Camden wasn't fussy or running a fever like you would imagine he would be with an ear infection, but today he is terribly fussy and has been running a fever all day long! Its weird how these things work. Well that is all for now, off to tend to a sick baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment