Saturday, August 1, 2009

The bi-polars of parenting!

I truly hope I am not the only mom out there feeling this way! If you can agree please comment and say AMEN lol

So, today as I am trying to clean my house spic and span, and manage to very active children, I started to realize how being a parent can truly make you seem a little bi-polar. I woke up this morning to two adorable, bright eyed boys who were just as sweet and loving as they could be. I made them breakfast and we laughed and played. We sang songs and did lots of fun snuggle time! I turned on cartoons and my Doodle(carson) said, "Mommy sit and watch Dora." He wanted me to sit with him and snuggle while we watched Dora. I thought my heart would BURST from how much love I was feeling towards my little guys.

I looked around my house and knew cleaning was way over due. I have cleaned my house many times with both boys here, and although it can be challenging, the job gets done. I started with the guest bathroom, because it is very easy to see my living room from there, hence I can see the boys watching cartoons. As I am scrubbing the tub, I realize it is all too quiet and decide to just take a peek at the boys. I see Carson standing in front of the couch, milk carton in hand and I get an overwhelming pit in my stomach. As I round the corner, terror sets in and I find that Carson has hit an all time high with this little stunt he has pulled. You see apparently Carson thinks he is grown and decided to get his cereal bowl and fill it with milk. Even if he had done this at the kitchen table, it would of been bad, but COME ON, why did he have to choose the couch? Are you getting a mental picture yet. Yup, you guessed it, a couch cushion FULL of milk :). Thank goodness I have leather couches, but still clean up was a JOB! That is when the SCREAMING lunatic came into play! I screamed, popped his little hinny and sent him to his room! Holy moly..I went from loving mommy to crazy lady in 2.5 seconds! After taking a few moments to calm down, I calmly went into Carson's room and explained to him that if he needs something he should ask ME and not take it upon himself to do it. He told me he was sorry and that he would NOT go in my fridge again......I won't hold my breath! ;-)

I love my boys more than life itself. I wouldn't trade a moment with them for anything in this world, but I must admit they know how to make a woman crazy!.....Oh don't worry I'm back to "over-the moon in love" mommy mood...but that could change in a matter of seconds! :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally relate! I'm the same way, & thought I was just being this horrible parent or something...I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes through that! No matter what, I love my girls more than anything...that being said, they can really frustrate me & know how to make me feel like I'm going crazy!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete