Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Folks

Yall, I truly am OLD. No, I don't look old(infact, I frequently have fellow students GAWK when I say I am married with children, they say I look too young)but deep down I am! I am OLD inside I guess. I never, EVER thought this would be me, but it is and I am embracing it!

Here is why I say I am SO old

Old folks example #1- my husband likes to watch UFC which usually doesn't end until between 12 and 1 a.m. We usually have company over who enjoy watching it with us, but LONG before the fight is over, I have told my company, and my husband good night and am OFF to sleep in my bed! Maybe that seems extremely rude, but it seems extremely RATIONAL to me because no matter how late I choose to stay up, my children will not care and STILL but up by 7:30. I am NOOOOOO fun when I haven't had enough sleep, so I choose to sleep instead of stay up late.

Old folks example #2- I am getting so set in my ways. I find myself needing things to be "just so" and not wanting to conform to anything else.

Old folks example #3- I find myself saying "Kids these days", and, "Back when I was growing up". I mean MY GOODNESS I am 22, not 85. Back when I was GROWIN UP ..is still NOW ...so what in the world am I doing saying these things!


Yep, its official...I AM OLD...Oh shoot..late for Bingo night...got to go!.......... :-)



JUST KIDDING

1 comment:

  1. Thank you and people without kids don't get it. My kids rise before the sun like alarm clock, does not matter if mommy stayed up until midnight!
    Cute blog!
    Come over and enter my giveaways, lots of kids stuff!

    ReplyDelete