Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Childhood is CALLING :-)

One thing that I absolutely LOVE about having children is getting to relive things through them. There are certain things they do, that put a smile on my face and take me back to my own childhood. Take for example these pictures:
I can totally remember as a child making bubble beards and mustaches. Those are the great things about being young, you basically LIVE off your imagination. You can turn something into an adventure. I miss that! I haven't made a bubble beard in many years haha, but its nice that I can still enjoy that innocence and imagination through my children.

I can also remember loving to make pallets as a child, and snuggle up to my mom, dad, or sibling. When my boys do it, I think its the most precious thing in the world. I love seeing them all curled up, with a blanket, watching some cartoons. I am so glad I had them so close together. I know when I was pregnant with Camden, I was very uncertain of how things were going to play out. I had this somewhat guilty feeling that Carson was going to hate me and that he would completely resent this new little brother I was bringing into his life. Boy am I glad that was just those LOVELY pregnancy hormones talking! Not only is that not even close to being true, its actually the complete opposite. These two boys couldn't be more crazy about each other! Isn't it obvious?
Ya, I'd say it's pretty undeniable! And aside from Camden's beat red cheeks, I don't think ANYTHING could come between them :-)

Speaking of nasty red cheeks, Camden's skin seems to be taking this winter far worst than last year which totally STINKS! Infact, with the recent FROST we had, Camden awoke one morning to these lovely, rashy, itchy legs
I hate that he is still having to suffer with this junk, and if I can ever figure out what triggers it(other than cold weather), he and I would both be alot happier. For now though, I am just keeping him SUPER lubed up and moisturized.

Christmas is rapidly approaching and I am almost ready! I have sent out my christmas cards, got our tree up(even if it is our small one) and I am 90% DONE shopping. I must admit, I was not happy about having a very small tree again this year. See, the problem is we have very large leather furniture, and no where for a big tree to go. I was still holding out hope that this year though, that we'd find a place for a big, beautiful, decorated tree to fit, but after much thought I knew it just wasn't going to work. BOY AM I GLAD IT DIDN'T!!! As beautiful as it may have been, I am already spending LOTS of time during my day smacking little hands and explaining that the ornaments are NOT balls. I can only imagine what I'd be doing if the big tree was up. So I will settle for our, little, but CUTE tree and that will be just fine with me!! December is a crazy month for us though, so even though I am on a break from school, I am really not "breaking" at all. With 4 family birthdays this month(including Mine, Derek's, and his mom's) we are spending lots of time AND money on family this time of year. I love it though, and even though this month is always hectic, its so nice to be all about FAMILY and Fellowship during the season. One thing for SURE though, I have vowed to make sure I try VERY VERY VERY hard to not bring another December baby into the family. I think December is a full enough month for us, DONT YOU?! :-)

2 comments:

  1. We did a small tree up on a table this year too! And I'm very glad! All the glass ball ornaments are all at the top, because I've caught mine throwing them across the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog using the "next blog" function. I have several pictures of my son's legs that look just like that. He has eczema. Keep up the lube.

    Cute kids.

    ReplyDelete