Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All I Want For Christmas

So, maybe some of you recently remember Carson's problems not wanting to sleep in his room. At first he claimed he was scared of monsters, and then it turned into the fact that he didn't like his room and wanted a "new room!" Big request from a not even 3 year old huh? Anyways, for weeks, every time someone would ask Carson what he wanted for Christmas, he would reply, "A new room!" Of course, Derek and I both knew that we couldn't give him an actual "new room," but we could make his room look a little more grown up and change things around. We knew just making a few adjustments would make him feel as if he had a whole new room. Carson was sleeping in his toddler bed, which used to be his crib. He had Elmo sheets, blanket, and pillow, and his room was still a little babyish. Here is some idea of what I am talking about, this is his before bed Derek and I decided we would make things a little more grown up for him, go with a twin bed, and new bedding, plus room decor. I shopped around and remember I got that GREAT DEAL at Kohl's on bedding? Well Christmas eve night, we got Carson to sleep in our room and we got busy. We took out his toddler bed, and in return added a twin. We added his new bed set, book ends, and wall decor. Derek changed out his light fixture to a very cute and modern one, and before we knew it, Carson room really did look NEW! Here are some pictures:




I was so proud of how cute everything looked, and could hardly keep myself from waking Carson up right then to show him. Don't worry, I DIDN'T wake him up, but the next morning I was probably more excited than he was to take him to "see if Santa brought a new room!" I told Derek I would go in an wait and then he could bring him in because I wanted to get the look on his face when he saw it for the first time. The look was PRICELESS And his new room was a big hit! He totally loves it, and although I still find him crawling in our bed in the middle of the night, he really has embraced his "new room!"

Christmas was great, I think we all have no complaints. Everyone got things they wanted and it was another blessed year! Praying everyone has a super New Year and a blessed 2010!

1 comment: