Sunday, December 27, 2009

Its Tradition

Growing up, I cannot remember our family having very many traditions. I guess we weren't anywhere close to being a typical family, so traditions were not really "normal" for us. The only tradition I can even remember, is the one we did at Christmas. I cannot think of one Christmas, that my mom didn't let us open that one special present on Christmas eve, and we already knew we were opening new pajamas. My mom would always tell us of how her mother did the same thing for her and her siblings as a child, and she really cherished those memories. The point is to open the pj's on Christmas eve so you have these brand new, cute pjs on when you wake up the next morning, and you look cute in Christmas pictures. Now that I am a mom, I wanted to keep that one cherished family tradition going, and do it for my own children. We have faithfully done it every year since Carson was born(Well that has ONLY been three Christmas eves, but STILL...) and I plan to keep it going. This year I went with matching pjs for the boys, because they are now at that wonderful age where it isn't "fair" if one gets a different pair. Rather than having to listen to Carson explain he wants some like "Bubba's" I'd rather just see them in the same pair. So, christmas eve, I handed them those special boxes and sure enough it was..... CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS! Camden LOVED his And both my boys looked ADORABLE!
I decided I wanted to start this "tradition" for my sweet baby girl Peyton too!(Ok so maybe she isn't MINE, but I stillget to spoil her :-) ) So I found the most adorable pair of Pjs and that was out Christmas present to her!

Doesn't she look so stinkin cute? I am going to try and keep this tradition going for her as well, and give her a "special" pair of jammies each year for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to do that for us also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is our Gamble tradition too! :) Actually, growing up my sister and I were always allowed to open one present but we got to pick it out. And when we had Addison last year, I came up with idea for pj. Nathan and I do it for each other. He picks out mine and I was pretty impressed with it this year!

    ReplyDelete