Monday, December 22, 2008

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

Well I have been absent for a few days! Guess I can chalk that up to just being too busy to be able to sit and write anything! We had a weekend FULL of places to be and people to see! Saturday, Derek took Carson and they did a little Christmas shopping. I knew he still needed to get me a few things but I have to admit I was tickled pink when he came back with a few gifts in tow for the kids too! Those are the things that make you LOVE you'r husband even more. He said that since I had done most of the shopping for the kids without him(because the man works 80 hours a week lol) that he wanted to feel like somethings came from his heart too! I thought that was soo adorable, because men sometimes forget the little thoughtful things like that!! He even had everything gift wrapped (but that was probably because he didn't want me trying to see what he got for me lol) Daddy points for DEREK! :) .....Saturday night was our BIG birthday party. I think I mentioned before that we celebrate mine, Derek's, and his mom's all together because all our birthdays are soo close and right in the middle of the holidays. It went well, we most just enjoyed each other company and of COURSE opened some good gifts! Derek score more points with the gift he got me! A huge picture frame that hold 3 8x10 pictures and under the picture sits a wooden, plaque, kind of thing that says "all because two people fell in love" reffering to our children of course! HOW SWEET RIGHT, and did I forget to mention it came from one of my FAVORITE stores? DDP! So I was a very happy wife! We got lots of other good stuff including gift certificates for RED LOBSTER with a free baby sitter coupon from his lovely sister! You can't ask for a better gift than that, a date with you'r hubby and a free sitter!

Sunday they had an awsome service at church! There was no sermon, but the children put on a play and it was great! It makes me soo excited to think of the future, when my boys will be doing little plays! It was an exciting service and it definantly got everyone thinking about the reason for the season!!! That night we went to a christmas gathering at some people from our church's house, Cheryl and Mike DuBose! I love thier house! They had several different types of WARM soups, and as many deserts as you can possibly stand to see in one place!! It was soo yummmmy!!! The kids had hay rides and we all just had a great time!! Camden has still been soo fussy, and I am chalking it up to the ear infection, Poor little guy!! I am hoping he is over all this soon!!

Well that is really all for now! My mommy is flying in today and I am super excited! I haven't seen her in about 4 months and it is killing me!! I miss her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment