Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just because I am a mother doesn't mean...........

Ya know? I have been thinking about how having children changes you'r life. Once you bring a child into this world, its like you'r whole perspectice changes! You start thinking about things in such a different light. I remember when Carson was born, I started looking at the world through new eyes! I became much more aware of germs, cleanliness, and all the bad things in the world! I remember that for some strange reason I wanted my son to be in a little bubble so that he wouldn't be tainted by anything! It was a strange feeling! Although, I have let go of some of my "germaphobe" ways, I still am very aware of all the germs around me lol!

Motherhood sometimes also makes you put things on the back burner! I never really had a HUGE dream before being a mother. I didn't really know what I wanted to do in life, but one thing I did know was that being a mother would be my main "job"! I always wanted kids! Although, other peoples children could get under my skin from time to time, I knew that motherhood was something I would succeed at with flying colors! I remember the day Carson was born. I was waiting in my room for them to bring him to me, and I thought to myself, "I want to go through labor again!" Kind of a wierd thought probably to most of you, seeing as how it can be a very painful and long experience, but to me it was the biggest rush I had ever felt. I think that day is when my dream started! I kinda new from then on that I wanted to be a Labor and Delivery nurse! At the time, school wasn't possible because we really couldn't live on just one income, so I put that dream aside and went back to work!! After Camden was born, I had those feelings all over again! I wanted to have a BILLION babies just to keep feeling that rush! lol....Realisticly, we all know I can't just stay pregnant for the rest of my life, so what better way to get to experience such a miracle, than work with Women going through it daily! It was then God really started opening the doors. Derek got a good raise at work, we qualified for financial aid for school, and everything just started falling into place! I knew then that this was my calling! I felt it deep within my heart, that this was what God wants me to do! He wants me to be there, helping and encouraging women along as they experience one of God's true miracles!!!!!!!

So, as of today, I am proud to say I start school to pursue this dream January 6th! I decided I am not going to OVERLOAD myself. I am going to start by just taking two classes a quarter and see how that goes, because even though this is my dream, being a mother is my biggest delight of all! I don't want to miss out on my babies growing up, but at the same time I am excited to show them that there is NOTHING wrong with following you'r heart in life!!! I am proud of myself for taking the steps to accomplish something and feel good about myself! I think every women should do something that makes her happy because life is too short to spend it working a job you don't like!!! FOLLOW YOU'R DREAMS!!

Anyways, got to get some things done! Kimi is taking me to PASTA BAR for my birthday dinner tonight! YUMMMMM!! Hope you guys have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment