Monday, October 5, 2009

Doodle and Little Bear...well maybe

Although I cannot compare what it is like between parenting a girl and parenting a boy, I do know that being a mom to a boy means ALOT of things......

For instance being a mom to a boy mean you have to accept the fact that they are inevitably going to climb any and everything and try to jump off!!! They will fall face first millions of times, jump off couches, tables or just about anything that will get a reaction out of their mommyand/or innocent company lol!

I cannot count the GASPS I have heard as my children are tumbeling from high in the air, and the crazy looks I get when I barely flinch. When Carson was a baby I used to jump whenver he stumbled, but after MANY bumps and bruises I have learned what really calls for me to run over and pick them up and what mearly is just another day in the life of a mommy to boys!

Here is the proof:





Being a mommy to little boys is so fun, exciting, and never dull! I absolutely LOVE it! Although I am sure I would love a little girl, I have come to the conclusion that if I only have little boys that I will be perfectly ok with that!

Since Carson has been born I have called him Doodle. I don't know how it came to be, but one day he was just my Carson Doodle and it stuck. When Camden was about 3 months old I starting calling him my Little Bear. I guess his mannerisms reminded me of a baby bear cub and so Little Bear it was. He growled like a little cub, would only sleep in VERY dark areas(see he even hibernated like a bear) and had the appetite of a hungry baby bear! Recently, I was calling Carson "Doodle" and he looked up at me and said, " Mommy I not want to be your "Oodle"(as he says it), I want to be your wittle bear and go RAWWWWWWW!" Haha I couldn't help but laugh...I tried to explain to him that he will always be my Carson doodle and that I cannot just change that and he wasn't too happy with my answer. In hopes that he would agree I offered a compromise and said he could be my "Doodle Bear" and although he is still kind of skeptical, he agreed!

I know some people do not celebrate Halloween. We don't "Celebrate" it per sue but we do let our kids dress up and decided that we wouldn't stop them from doing that as long as they didn't try and dress up as an evil figure. No bloody vampires, Goblins, Devils, well you get the picture! We will instill in them that we will celebrate the day as just a harvest day but still let them go around and get candy and be able to wear a fun costume. I want the boys to be cute things that go together. Last year Camden was a cowboy and Carson was his pony. This year I wasn't able to come up with something as clever and although I thought about it for probably HOURS I have not come up with a good "Pair". In honor of Carson wanting to be my other "Little Bear" I decided that is exactly what they will be! I will dress them as my baby cubs! I found the cutest costumes for them on EBAY and can hardly wait to get them all dressed up!!! If you let your kids dress up...what will they be this year????

1 comment:

  1. We didn't dress up Addison last year, but we are doing it this year. And Nathan wants her to be a Georgia cheerleader. haha Very original, right? Well I spent a looong time looking at costumes and nothing really struck me. I found a peanut one because that is her nickname but it wasn't cute at all. And she isn't really into most of the other stuff. So I think I might just do the Georgia thing. After all they NEED the support this year! lol

    ReplyDelete