Saturday, November 21, 2009

Its OFFICIAL

So it is official. I am an acceptee to the 2010 R.N program at SWGTC! I am super excited and anxious to start. It is hard to fathom that in 18 or so short months I will be H.Godwin R.N! WOW! Dreams really do come true, and I am seeing the light at the end, even if the END is 18 months away! I know it will be hard, I know I am going to want to give up sometimes, I know there will be things that try and stand in the way, but I am determined and I will succeed!

I knew WHEN I got accepted there were alot of kinks that would/will have to be worked out for me to get in. There are so many things that could prevent me from doing what I need to do, but I gave them all to God and I trust he is going to provide. If you are lost and wondering what I mean, let me explain. Well first the medical stuff(physical, dental exam, blood work/testing, shots) alone will cost me $500. Then there is the uniform costs, books, and medical supply kit which I am estimating will probably cost me around $1000. Oh and did I mention we will be adding another DAY care bill because Camden will be starting Noah's ark around the time I am starting the program too? Then raises the question, since we have ONE vehicle which we can all fit it, how will Derek be able to pick the children up from daycare when I am working those LONNNGG clinical hours? For all practical reasons we need another vehicle which fits our family, but that is a WHOLE NOTHER subject lol! Yes, all this needs to be done right now, before I start my program and its Christmas time. Derek, his mom, and I also have birthdays coming up in December, so without all this EXTRA stuff, December is a very expensive and hectic month for us!. Derek jokingly asked, "How does a physical sound for Christmas babe?" I laughed, but in all honestly, its probably what I SHOULD Be asking for. I am trusting God. I am trusting he will provide. I told myself If I got accepted I would let NOTHING stand in my way, and that is the truth. I will find a solution to ALL those things and I will let God lead the way. To top things off, yesterday, our one family vehicle, breaks down. My husband feels confident he can fix it himself, but that is something else that is going to need money. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok sorry, but I do feel much better now that I screamed loudly one good time! Anyways, so yes, this is what is going on at the Godwin home. Stressful times, but very thankful times too! I am so thankful that my hard worked paid off, that my good grades made the difference, that this past year of homework and studying was all WORTH IT! I know I will probably look back 2 years from now and say, "GOSH what was I soo stressed about?" but until then can y'all just pray for some financial MIRACLES and for all things to fall into place?!

2 comments:

  1. So, I definitely understand the one vehicle thing! It's very hard! But I know God has something working out as I type this! Just trust in Him!

    Oh, and Congratulations about Nursing school! That's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has you in His hands!! He knows your needs! I believe with Stephanie that everything is being worked out right now!!! Amen
    -Alaina

    ReplyDelete