Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mr. Novembers and Twins!

Thanksgiving was AWESOME y'all!! We did things a little different this year and although sometimes change can be a bad thing, this year it was absolutely AMAZING! Typically, we head over to Derek's Mema's Thanksgiving evening and enjoy food and family time. We talk, laugh, EAT, and go home. This year however, Scott(my brother in law's) mother Cheryl, offered to do it at her house, and let us all just come eat there and bring a dish. I was elated because I absolutely LOVE going to Cheryl's house. Not only is it only about 2.5 seconds from my own house(Which is convenient when the boys pee their pants, or need a jacket, or you forget your camera haha), but its just beautiful, big, and has lots of yard for the kids to run and play. I look VERY forward to any event I know will be at her house because she just does such a fantastic job putting things together. She hosted my baby shower with Camden, and all her get togethers are just adorably decorated and so fun to be at. So, Thanksgiving day, I made green bean casserole and Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. BOTH were a hit, but the Cake was truly the winner. Let me just say it's PAULA DEAN approved, and leave it at that lol. I probably could of enjoyed it myself alot more if I didn't make it. Something about seeing the two sticks of butter, whole bag of powdered sugar...you get the picture, made me feel about 10lbs heavier from just MAKING the darn thing! Anyways, all the food was delicious. We ate like Kings and Queens, but the best part was all being together and enjoying each others company. I love this time of year! My boys(all three) were looking VERY handsome that day. I swear if they made a baby HUNK catalogue(they probably DO), Camden and Carson would HAVE to be Mr. Novembers!



Friday, I woke up early(VERY EARLY) to go shopping with my best friend Aaron! We hit Target and Kohl's and I feel we got some GREAT deals! Carson has been having a very difficult time at night, and swears he doesn't want to sleep in his room. He says he wants a "new room", which to me sounds like a BIG request from a *ALMOST* 3 year old. None the less, his daddy and I decided that for Christmas this year, we couldn't give him a NEW ROOM, but we COULD make it a little more grown up for him. So, when I found the CUTEST 6 piece bedding set at Kohl's for $30 I could NOT pass it up! That is right $30 for this: It regularly is $99.00. Today as I got on just to SEE if I got a good deal its already back up to $55! So yes, I snagged that adorable bedding all for $29.99, and it was indeed a GOOD DEAL! I also got some other good gifts that were on sale and I am ALMOST completely done with my Christmas shopping. While in Kohl's, Aaron and I were approached by a news crew to do an interview. We of course agreed and we MADE the 6 o'clock news. YES, we are now famous and who knows "The HILLS" may be calling us to be their next big things! ;-)! You can watch the interview at this address:http://www.wctv.tv/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4337796&flvUri=&partnerclipid=
Keep in mind it was like 6 in the morning, we weren't exactly READY for our close ups! :-)

On a different note. I know I have mentioned it before, but I frequently get asked if the boys are "twins." Although, I think they resemble, I do NOT think they look even close to being identical twins. Carson has alot more hair at this point and its very blonde. Camden's hair is a few shades darker and he is a good 3 inches shorter than Carson. Still, at least once a day if I am out with both boys, it never fails that someone will walk up to be and say, "Aww your twins are adorable!" or "Wow, are they twins?" Lately though they are actually really ACTING like twins. Sometimes it's Camden acting way more GROWN up than he really is, and wanting to do the things his big brother does. Alot of times, its CARSON acting Camden's age again and wanting to be "A Baby" as he calls it.
Yes, there is he trying to go back to his younger days. Camden isn't sure WHAT TO think of it. I know its just a stage, but I just try and remind Carson that being the big boy has its perks too! So, although I know they aren't twins, many days I feel like they REALLY ARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment