Thursday, February 18, 2010

Change can be a good thing!

A lot has changed over the last week and it was actually all positive things! I got a "new do" which I totally love! Its different than anything I have ever had and its so ME! I have had highlights before, but I tend to usually just stick with my natural, dark brown. This past week I posted about how I went a little crazy and switched things up a bit and I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the change. I went with red and blonde highlights and it turned out just how I wanted it. I hope I actually take the time to keep getting it done and keep it this way! Here are some pictures for those who haven't seen it yet! Before: and After:


Another BIG change is we are now a TWO car family! YAY! This past week Derek became the proud owner of a 2005 F250, and he is over the moon. It was really awesome how God put all the pieces together, and the opportunity unfolded so beautifully right before our eyes. The truck was actually Derek's dads, but he really no longer has the need or desire for something that big. It just so happened we needed another vehicle desperately and when Derek's dad offered to sell it to him for a great price, we jumped right on it!! Now we are BOTH able to take the boys to school if needed and/or pick them up! Its wonderful knowing that I am not the only one capable of doing that, and its already helped me out tremendously. I was starting to wonder what in the world we were going to do on those days where I have clinicals starting at 6:45 a.m., but now that is no longer an issue! I am just sooo thankful for yet another blessing God has given us!

Speaking of clinicals, we had our orientation this week. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about our first clinical rotation. I know its going to be at a nursing home, and every nursing home I have ever been inside has just be horrible. I have to say though, after orientation my mind has totally changed. The nursing home we will be working in is SUPER nice. I was so surprised at how well kept the place was and I am now feeling like this rotation will not be so bad after all! I surely hope that if I ever have to be placed into a nursing home it will be somewhere as nice as this place!

Camden is feeling MUCH better. After a little weekend of R&R he was right back to his silly little self! Although he was sick, I let him enjoy the glimpse of snow we got Friday. That was certainly an unexpected change(but an AMAZING one)from the weather we are used to seeing around here. Derek and I took the boys outside for just long enough to let them get the experience, and then we came in and enjoyed watching it fall from our warm living room! Here are some pictures I snapped (and YES that is Derek's new truck you see in the very last picture)



So this past week has definitely been filled with changes, but sometimes change can be a BEAUTIFUL thing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment