Friday, February 12, 2010

Its a beautiful life!

It really is, not saying there aren't those rainy nasty days, but for the most part we are truly blessed!

We filed our income taxes this week and its just amazing how God provides our needs. God never said he would provide all our wants, but without a doubt I know he is going to supply us with our needs when we turn to him. We really weren't sure what to expect for a tax return this year. Derek's hope was to get enough back to pay off our two credit cards, and I was really really really hoping to have enough to also get a laptop for school. Can you guess what we got back? Almost to the DOLLAR amount to do BOTH those things. We can successfully pay off the credit cards and there will be just enough left to get that laptop I am needing for school! Isn't God awesome!?!

This week I decided to go a little crazy and get something different done to my hair. I know brown looks good on me, but I wanted to shake things up a little and get some highlights. You see, its very RARE for me to go and get my hair done. I get it trimmed every 4 months of so, but other than that, I just let it do its thing. Yesterday however, I was feeling slightly spunky and decided to make a change. My hair dresser was I think shocked I was actually willing to let her do something new and we were all excited to see the NEW LOOK. Not 10 mins after she gets my color rinsed though, I get a call from Camden's school saying he is having difficulty breathing and they think he needs to go the ER. As a mother, do you know how scary it is to get a call like that? So wet (freshly colored) hair gets thrown up on top of my head and OUT THE DOOR I FLY! I put my flashers on and zoom to his school. Right before I get there, I get another call from the director there saying she thinks I need to hurry because now not only is his little tummy contracting when he breathes, but he is having to use his neck muscles too. I get there, get him in the car and fly to the Ped center. And as if I am not having a stressful enough afternoon, they bring me back, only to place me with a Dr. who I really do not care for. Pushing my biased aside, I try and just keep focused on Camden and hope this Dr. will just do the best she can in treating my baby and also somewhat hoping my mind will be changed about her. I do however ask why I cannot just see my normal Ped. Dr and am quickly told he has a full load of patients and I can only see the Dr. they put me with since she is the emergency on call Dr. that day. Camden is still at this point breathing very heavily and I am not happy with what I see, the Dr. seems unconcerned(and I am starting to like her even less) but I just keep telling her this is certainly not normal for him. The Dr. tells me she will do a breathing treatment on him and go from there, but she thinks he just has a bad cold. When she steps out of the room I tell my mother in law(who is there with me) that I really wish I could just see Cam's normal Dr. Not a minute later the Dr. they put me with FLIES in the room and proceeds to tell me if I don't want her to treat my child that I just need to LEAVE and go to the ER. She very rudely explains that SHE is the Dr. on call and I am not a Dr. so I need to let her do her job, or go somewhere else with someone I am more comfortable with! CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE MY JAW dropping to the floor at this point? I explain to her that I am not trying to be rude, but I am just more comfortable with my own Dr. and that its not anything against her(which probably was a lie, but I am not trying to start a fight with this women, keep in mind my child is still gasping for air at this point) She then proceeds to explain to me that she keeps hearing me ask to see my own Dr. and that she doesn't want to treat Camden if I cant trust her, or If I don't feel comfortable with her. She keeps urging me to just go the the Er if I think they will take better care of my son. At this point my BLOOD is boiling and I look at her and say, " LISTEN do you want the truth, well the truth is NO I don't like you, I don't trust you, You gave me older son ear drops for pink eye when he was 6 months old and could of severely damaged his eye, so YES I have reasons why I would feel more comfortable with my own Ped. Dr.!" After another 2 to 3 mins of her being blatantly UGLY to me, I say , "Listen my son is over there struggling to breath, DO SOMETHING, stop arguing with me and PLEASE help my baby!" She says ,"Ok" and tells the nurse to hook up a breathing machine. As soon as she leaves the room I burst into tears and my mother in law says, "Hallie that women just TOTALLY crossed the line, you have every right to be upset right now!" and I was, let me tell yall, I was more than upset, I wanted to scream words at that women that don't typically come out of my mouth, but Camden is much more important that that. I had to push aside all those emotions I was feeling and focus on getting him breathing normally. About half way through the breathing treatment the Dr. comes back in and says, " Well I have good news for you, I have been called away to an emergency so you will be getting to see your regular Dr!"....all I could think was THANK YOU JESUS, you always have my back! :-) My regular Dr. Tim JONES came in and was just as sweet as he could be, he took care of my little bear as if it were his own child and my anxiety melted right away. THANK GOD FOR HIM, he is the only reason I even bother with that Dr.'s office at all. Camden has bronciolitis, so our weekend will be filled with breathing treatments every four hours, just LOVELY, but hey I will do anything to NOT see my baby breathing like that again, its was really scary and not a good experience at all!

Those are NOT the plans I had for my weekend by the way, I had planned to do something sweet and romantic for Derek for Valentine's day. Not sure that we will be doing much of anything romantic, but spending time with my 3 adorable Godwin boys will be good enough for me! Some women only get one valentine, but I am blessed with 3 guys fighting for my affection, Yep, its a BEAUTIFUL life! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I cannot even believe how terrible and unprofessional that Dr was to you!! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine having to deal with that all while your baby is sick. I really hope he gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, not even sure I want to know who that was since I've taken up an offense for you! As to our discussion about being morning/night people, nursing school was really the first time in my life that I started drinking coffee in earnest. It was the only thing that would keep me awake for those all morning long lecture classes or the early morning clinicals.

    ReplyDelete