Friday, February 26, 2010

I have......

so many GOOD things going for me that its not even funny! I am a blessed women and know that I have alot of things to be thanking God for. Not saying that I am perfect or bad things don't happen to me, but I certainly know I have much more beauty in my life than horror!! Its so easy to dwell on the negative. Lots of people live their lives everyday with the "why me?" and I refuse to be one of those people. Instead of WHY me, how about saying "WHY NOT ME?" I hope that if I can instill ONE thing in my children that they will carry with them all their lives(Other than GOD is number 1) its that beauty is much more important on the inside. Its the person you are under your skin that matters and having a pretty face doesn't get you where you need to go in life. Of course its wonderful to be physically pleasing, but if your heart is pure and beautiful that will carry you much further. With the society we live in, daily its thrown in our faces that you have to look a certain way to be quote on quote "normal" but that isn't true. I hate that our children will grow up seeing the altered pictures on billboards as what people are supposed to look like. Everyday people typically DON'T look like movie stars and its so silly that our generation has made being "perfect" the norm. We are all different but God made us perfect in his eyes, so be happy with what you were blessed with. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with "improving" but when you strive in life to be someone else, that is when things become a problem!

When I sit down and look at all the things I have going for me in life, I am overwhelmed with it all! I have an amazing husband that thinks I am gorgeous, smart, funny, and tells me I am an *Super*Mommy*- I have two adorable and mesmerizing little boys who enrich my life more than I could of ever dreamed. I am going to school to pursue my calling in life, I have a roof(a nice one) over my head, a car to drive, and a God who created me in his perfect image. What could I possible complain about?

And even though I said beauty is whats underneath. These two little boys sure are easy on the eyes and a pleasure to LOOK AT! :-)



And this guy isn't bad looking either


Yes God..I am so thankful for all I have good going for me. Its obvious how great your love is for me and the feeling is so mutual! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment