Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bless those who curse you

Well, I will get to what my title is all about in a few, but first I want to share some pics from our vacations! The boys had a blast and wanted to spend every waking moment in the pool. Ha, well I guess I am speaking for Carson, because in all reality Camden never TOLD us he wanted to go to the pool, but he sure had fun when he was there. Here are some pictures!





I was SOOOOOOO stinkin' happy when Kris Allen was deemed AMERICAN IDOL last night! Honestly, as much as I liked the guy I wasn't so sure America would choose him. Adam really was a captivating, and unique performer, and on Tuesday night, I actually felt he had done a superior job over Kris. I still casted my vote for Kris and hoped for the best, and sure enough he is the winner! No worries though, I have NOOOOOO doubts we will be seeing Adam Lambert EVERYWHERE very soon. That guy is BORN to be famous!

Bless Camden's little heart. He made it through this beach trip with MINIMAL ear pulling, but since we have been home it is right back to the same old thing. I am sure those antibiotic shots from last week have worn off and he is 100% miserable again! The last few nights have been restless and I am just counting down the day now until his surgery!

Now on to the title.....I have learned and am trying to learn a lesson this week. I recently had a situation arise, where I have come to actually dispise a person. I can't stand to see them, talk to them, hear about them...I know, that is pretty bad isn't it? Although, I completely feel this person has brough it on themselves, I have decided to pray for them. ITS BEEN HARD let me tell you. At night, before bed, during prayer I ask God to bless this person. I ask him to bless them financially, emotionally, health wise, spiritually, ect. The HUMAN inside me doesn't want to do it. I have to literally FORCE the words out, but faithfully each night I am making myself do this. Why you may ask? Well, right now I don't really know why. I had someone whom I really respect tell me to just do it. Even though I can't stand the thought of this person, I was told to bless them. I am curious to see what God's plan is for all this, and see exactly why he wants me to do this. I remember there being a bible verse saying,"Bless those who curse you" I believe its in Romans but I couldn't say for sure! Well Lord, here I am, blessing those who curse me........now what?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Hallie. I should do that! I wouldn't say there is anyone that I'm struggling with currently, but there have been in the past and I know I should have acted better. Love the pool pictures. We are staying at a house with a pool next week and I can't wait to take Addison. She has only been in once and it was so freaking cold that I wouldn't get in and her and Nathan only were in for like 10 minutes. But she loved it! lol

    ReplyDelete