Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day Made By God Just For Moms!

My mother's day technically started Saturday! My husband and I had already planned to get up early, go to breakfast, and head to Tallahassee(with the kids of course) to get Carson and I a bathing suite. Little did I know he had so much more up his sleeve. We did everything just as planned, we went out to breakfast and headed to Tally. I was determined to find a bathing suite for our beach trip next weekend and I was feeling pretty confident that I would find that "perfect" one! Unfortunately, after trying on just about every bathing suite Kohl's had, I was feeling unsuccessful and decided to give Target a try. NO LUCK! Again I tried on many and was not feeling good about the way any of them fit. Some were VERY flattering on top and not flattering at all on bottom, some showed off more skin than I was comfortable with, and some just weren't me. I was feeling pretty hopeless but my husband was not willing to let me give up. He dragged me back into Kohl's and made me try on more suites. Again, I came up with nothing. When all hope was just about lost, I happened to spot something on the clearance rack. A cute brown and tan laced tankini with cute embroidered flowers. To my surprise, I tried it on and it was a PERFECT fit and in total cose $23! That was all God right there, guess I truly had his favor! :)

We had a quick lunch and headed back towards home. Honestly, I wasn't really looking forward to seeing me house. Don't get me wrong, I love my home but life has been so hectic lately between my crazy school schedule, Camden's many Dr's visits, and LIFE in general that my house has started to get a little out of hand. It wasn't a pig stye by any means, but I had let it go a little the past few weeks and it was depressing to come home too! I knew I was going to have to spend a good 5 hours or so scrubbing tubs, toilets, and floors to get it back the way I like it. Unfortunately, I am running on empty lately and it was the last thing I wanted to do. Lucky for me, I didn't have to. You see, while we were in Tallahassee, my very sweet, and thoughtful husband had hired someone to clean my entire house, top to bottom and EVERYWHERE in between. I thought I was going to faint when I walked in the door. The shelves were dust free, glass was shiny, tubs and toilets were spotless. How awesome of a mother's day gift was that? I truthfully couldn't have asked for anything better in the whole world!

Today was ACTUALLY Mother's day. I won't sit here and lie to you and say it was the prefect day, but I guess it was fitting because it was truly the definition of what "MOTHERHOOD" is all about. My children didn't apparently get the memo that mother's day should be an easy day for mommy. Instead, I am thinking they just were confused and thought mother's day was in fact a day to show mommy how many ways she is needed. For instance, Carson's not so nice attitude today was his way of showing me he NEEDS my discipline. Or what about Camden's nonstop whining? Well that was his way of showing me that he is only comforted by mommy's love and snuggles. Seriously though, as much work as this day was, I still am so thankful I am a mommy. I am so thankful God picked me to raise these two little amazing boys. I am so thankful that I have two healthy(well mostly ha ha) kids that need me and want me, and that call me MOMMY! I am thankful for the snot, the kisses, the poopy diapers, and even the non stop crying. All those things are ways of showing me I am loved and needed!! Thank you God for making me a mommy! :)

Hope everyone had a blessed day and just remember how lucky you are to be a mother. Some women are praying day and night to have that one chance at having a baby. They are praying for that day they get to wipe a snotty nose, clean a dirty bottom, and rock a crying child as long as that child called them MOMMY! :)

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet of Derek! Glad you found a bathing suite too. That's always hard for me to do. I just ordered one online today so I'm hoping it works out.

    ReplyDelete