Friday, May 29, 2009

Well today is the DAY!

Today is the day I pray my prayers are answered and my little baby bear gets some relief! Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 but we must arrive an hour prior to get prepped. Yesterday at the pre-op appointment, the nurse informed me that Camden could have nothing to eat or drink past midnight last night. Of course I know this is standard procedure, but I am sure a look of terror rose across my face as she said those words. You see, since Camden first started with these ear problems, he wakes frequently at night. Sometimes he can be soothed with some rocking, sometimes I can just put his paci in his mouth and rub his back, but often a bottle of warm milk is the only thing that can do the trick. Before bed last night I just said a small prayer that Camden would not wake and that we would both at least sleep until 5:30 a.m.! NO SUCH LUCK! Camden and I have BOTH been up since 3:30 a.m! I have tried every soothing measure in the book and no luck! Around 4:30ish I finally just gave up and now here we are! I am trying to give him things to keep him quiet and relaxed until we can leave! A few minutes ago I handed him one of those little baby Tylenol dropper bottles that he was so desperately trying to grab(It is CHILDPROOF, dont worry) and he immediately stuck the end that is sort of nipple shaped in his mouth and went at it! Poor thing, maybe this is the end of what seems like a LONG ROAD! Say a prayer for him today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment