Sunday, January 11, 2009

I love the weekends!

It is so nice to just be able to relax, spend time with the kids and hubby and not worry about having to go anywhere! Besides the lack of sleep, this weekend was pretty darn good! Friday, we didn't do too much of anything, I made dinner and we basically just hung out at home! Saturday, we went to town, picked up Derek's 4 wheeler, did a little grocery shopping and came home! That night I agreed to let Derek have a little "guy time"(I try and do that at least once or twice a month because I know he needs time to do guy things and be a man and not just a workaholic/hubby/dad!)He and his friend JJ went and worked on their 4 wheelers and just were GUYS for the night, and one of my best friends Kimi and I went down to tally with the kids and did some shopping for Carson's bday!! Kimi spoils Carson, We went to old navy and the children's place and she bought him so many cute clothes for his bday and a new toy too! I guess because she doesn't have kids of her own yet, she likes spoiling other peoples! I am def. not complaining because although I would NEVER expect her to spend that kind of money on my kids, I love that she loves them that much!! WE had a good time! Sunday we went to church, hit Fallon's for lunch and came home and cleaned! We desperately needed to catch up on some cleaning and my loving hubby pitched in and helped too!

Tomorrow it's BACK TO SCHOOL, for me and Carson! I am looking forward to it, because I really am enjoying school! This weekend I even found myself wanting to get a head start on homework( I know, WEIRD RIGHT?) I guess I just want to do the best I can do! Camden will start staying with Derek's mom tomorrow and I must admit I am a little nervous! I trust her of course, but anytime I have to leave Camden with someone knew I always worry a little! I worry they won't understand his "needy" ways, and not know all the little tips and tricks I know to make him happy! I know Derek's mom is perfectly capable of taking care of him, but I just am a mom and it's my job to worry about my babies! Camden is growing so much! 6 Months already, and getting more adorable daily! I know you should NEVER do this, but I find myself comparing him to Carson. He isn't doing things quite as fast as Carson did, but I am not stressing about it because I know every baby develops different! Camden isn't sitting up yet, but I don't think it will be too long before he is! He is however, holding his own bottle, rolling over both ways, and he just started the most adorable thing, that when I go to get him out of his jumparoo he reaches up for me! I am going to take a picture next time so everyone can see! It is the most precious thing! He has a 6 month checkup on Friday, so I will have to update things then for sure!

Carson will be 2 in less than a week and I am so looking forward to his party! I have been reminiscing about this time two years ago and even this time last year! So many memories already! I remember how this time TWO years ago, I was huge and miserable! I wanted to meet Carson so bad. I couldn't have known then how much he would change my life! I never imagined that I would be meeting someone who would fit the perfect cliche "LOVE at first sight." I couldn't have dreamed he would of impacted how I looked at the world around me and how this whole new me would be born with him. I couldn't have pictured how much more he would make me fall in love with Derek! Even this time last year, I remember he had just started walking! I remember how adorable I thought he was, and how I was so scared that having another baby was going to somehow take something away from him(I was pregnant with Camden then). Now I look at my family and see how perfect we all fit together; I see how much loved can be shared between 4 people and can't imagine life any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment