Sunday, January 25, 2009

"You're gonna miss this"

So if you have never heard that song by Trace Adkins, than you need to! Everytime it comes on the radio it is a constant reminder to savor each phase of life because once it's gone you will miss it! Through out all the trials of life I can already tell that is so true! I already miss the little things my babies aren't doing anymore. With Camden, I already miss that newborn phase(although with these sleepless nights, I almost feel I am still in it) I miss that soft sweet newborn smell. The little yawns and grunts. I miss those little newborn nursing sessions we had, and I miss that baby soft, fresh out of the womb, newborn skin!! With Carson I miss his newborn days too, but now I have more to miss of him. I miss those first walking weeks. You know, the ones where they kind of teeter-totter around and fall every few steps. I miss the first few words he could only speak. I miss his signature crawl(He NEVER EVER learned to get up on all fours, instead he did the army crawl up until he could walk.) the way he looked like he had no use of his legs because he would drag them and make his arms do all the work. I know that a year from now I will have all new things with both of them to miss. Don't get me wrong, I do delight in all their new milestones and changes, but I miss their past milestones too!!!

As much as I love my kids, I need a break occasionally!! These all night waking sessions have been taking their toll on me and I think my husband was starting to see that himself! I know without a doubt I have bit his head off a time or two just because I am so ill from not getting the amount of sleep I need. Well, Yesterday he called me around lunch(he had to work) and told me to have the kids bags packed to stay at a sitters for a few hours and for me to get myself looking pretty! As tired as I was, I jumped at the chance to enjoy some time with just the two of us and be kid free for a few hours. That evening we dropped the kids at his sisters and he took me down to Tally, where we enjoyed a nice romantic dinner at Macaroni Grill! It was DELICIOUS if I do say so myself!!! Honestly, though I would of been just as pleased if he had told me we were going to drop the kids off and go home and sleep a few hours! haha!!! It is so strange to me how anxious I was to have a break, but how much I missed Carson and Camden when we were gone. I know it was just a couple of hours, but I found myslef thinking of all the cute little things they do and wanting to be with them again! Don't know if that was quite the feeling at 2.m with Camden awake this morning, but that is besides the point lol!

I am really starting to wonder what is wrong with Camden and why he is waking up so much! I prayed all throughout my house that anything Ungodly that may be bothering my little guys will leave at once, but still no relief! Last night he was up at 1, 2, and 5! I mean he isn't a newborn anymore and even when he was he slept ALOT better than he does now!!! So what is the DEAL!?

After church today, I noticed Carson's eye was pink and pussfilled. My first thought was," Great he has pink eye and its a sunday!" Lucky for me a Pediatric dr. goes to our church, so I tracked him down and he gave me a perscription for some antibiotic drops! I am praying his eye is clear tomorrow because I have school and so does he and I don't want him spreading it to anyone else(even though I am 100% positive that is probably where he picked it up) I prayed that God will put a hedge around all the kids in the nursery at church and Camden too, I don't want them picking it up either! I wouldn't have even taken him to church had I known, but this morning his eye was fine.

Anyways that is all that is going on here. Must go and get dinner going! Please keep these babies (AND ALL NICU babies) in you'r prayers!

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

and

http://www.jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment