Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The start of a new me!

Well today is officially my first day of school! I am so nervous and excited! It is such a different nervous than when you are younger and in highschool or something! Back them I am sure my nervousness was more due to what people would think about me, what I make new friends, etc, and now my nerves are more jittery about how will I do?? I am so ready though! This is going to open up a whole new me! I am determined to do this and I will give it my all!! I will let you all know how it went!

So, yesterday was Carson's first day of daycare! It was strange, because I felt like a kid on Christmas, I couldn't sleep because I was soo excited to take him and see what it was going to be like! He woke up around 7:20, so I got him dressed and we headed off to school! The whole way I kept telling him how much fun he was going to have, and how he would just LOVE it! WE got there and I got him out and all his stuff too! We walked in , and there were lots of kids everywhere! The director greeted us, and took us back to his classroom where I hung up his little book bag, and put his diapers and wipes in his cubby! I could tell he was scared. He was holding onto my leg the whole time, but I just kept my cool like everything would be ok! We walked back into the main area and there was a table full of kids eating breakfast (yesterday they had milk and cereal and some juice) I asked Carson if he would like to eat too, and he sat right down! Food is always a good way to get Carson's attention lol! As soon as he started eating, he looked up at me and said, "bye mama!" I am sure you can imagine the look of SHOCK on my face! I didn't even have to tell him bye first, he was actually READY for me to go!! So off I went! That made me feel good! No screaming baby, begging me not to leave! That afternoon, when I picked him up they were all outside playing! I sat there and watched him for a second without getting his attention and he looked like he was having a blast! They said he was great! They said he was full of life and they had no problems with him at all! I was glad to hear that, I don't ever want to think of Carson sitting at some school, crying his little heart out for mom and dad! I want to know he played and had fun and didn't think about us not being there!

I knew today it was going to be a whole different story though! Today is the first day DEREK took him and he said he cried! Carson is kind of a daddy's boy! Derek will more than likely be taking him in the mornings because that is just what works out better, and I will be picking him up after I get out of school! Hopefully he will adjust to Derek taking him and not cry! I hate to think about that, but I know he usually cries regardless of WHERE we are when Derek leaves, so I know it is not just school!

Well Camden STILL isn't too happy about eating baby food! I tried again last night with some sweet potatoes, and he wasn't having it! I wish I could get this face he makes on video. When I put the spoon to his mouth, he shuts his lips as tight as he can and scrunches his nose at me! It is too funny! How amazing is it, that at his little age he is still perfectly capable of letting you know he ISN'T going to do something! Also, was the first night he actually slept in his own room! I had a hard time letting him go! I wanted him in my room, I liked knowing he was next to me! I made the decision though, and thought we would just give it a try and see what happened! He did GREAT! He only woke once about 4 and I fed him and he went back to sleep! Maybe he was ready to go in his own room! So I am hoping this goes well!!

Anyways, I gotta get ready for school!

No comments:

Post a Comment